« AnteriorContinuar »
WITH AN APPENDIX CONTAINING JOINT AND CONCURRENT
ROBERT SMITH PRINTING CO., STATE PRINTERS AND BINDERS
M62 712 1877
NOTE-The words and sentences inclosed in brackets in the following acts and resolutions were in the bills and resolutions as passed by the Legislature, but not in the enrolled copy as approved by the Governor. It should, however, be borne in mind that under a decision of the Supreme Court, 57 Mich., 128, Bracketed words, which were not in the law as approved by the Governor, have no proper place in the statute."
LIST OF PUBLIC ACTS
PASSED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF 1897.
1. An act to provide for the incorporation of Grand and Subordinate Courts of the Foresters of America of the State of Michigan. Approved January 21, 1897.....
2. An act to amend act number one bundred eight, session laws of eighteen hundred ninety-five, entitled "An act to prevent the spreading of bush, vine and fruit tree pests, such as canker worm and other insects, and fungus and contagious diseases, and to provide for their extirpation." Approved January 27, 1897 ...
3. An act making an appropriation for the current and running expenses of the Central Michigan Normal School until the general appropriation for that purpose shall be available. Approved January 27, 1897..
4. An act to amend section one of act number ninety-seven of the session laws of one thousand eight hundred and eighty-nine, entitled, "An act to provide for an additional circuit judge for the seventeenth judicial circuit, and to define the powers and duties of the judges of said circuit, and to provide for the manner of conducting the business of said court," as amended by act number eighty-two of the session laws of one thousand eight hundred and ninety-one. Approved January 28, 1897.. 5. An act to amend section one of act number one hundred and twenty-three of the public acts of one thousand eight hundred and eighty-five, entitled "An act to protect defendants in actions when they have given notice of set-off." Approved February 5, 1897...
6. An act to amend section one of act number seventy-three of the public acts of one thousand eight hundred and eighty-nine, entitled "An act to amend section one of an act entitled 'An act to authorize proceedings by garnishment in the circuit courts and the district court of the upper peninsula,' approved March sixteenth, one thousand eight hundred and sixty-one, as the same has been amended by the several acts amendatory