Acerca de este libro
Libros en Google Play
i i iiiiiii
The dollar in foreign exchange during 1933.
Depreciation of the dollar.
The flight from the dollar
The unfreezing of blocked accounts.
Trade and service items..
Merchandise exports and imports.
Excess of exports over imports.
Freight and shipping account
The tourist account..
United States-Canadian tourist account.
The United States-Mexican tourist account.
United States-oversea tourist account.
Expenditures by foreign tourists in the United States..
Contributions by charitable and other institutions.
Interest, dividends, and commissions..
Returns from American long-term investments abroad.
Funding of blocked accounts
Earnings on American short-term investments abroad.--.
Receipts on stock transfer taxes, brokerage fees, and commissions.
Payments to foreigners on long-term investments in the United
Payments to foreigners on short-term investments in the United
United States Government international account..
Movements of paper currency -
Short-term capital movements.
Changes in international banking accounts in 1933.
Reconstruction Finance Corporation credits-
Long-term capital movements.-
Items tending to increase American investments abroad.
Items tending to reduce American investments abroad..
Items affecting foreign investments in the United States.-
International securities movement
Repatriations of foreign securities-
Purchases of American securities by foreigners.
Present status of American investments abroad.
I. Estimates of American investments abroad.
Distribution of estimates, by areas.
Portfolio investments, by classes..
Basis of the revision.--.
II. Defaults on foreign dollar bonds.
A. Merchandise adjustments
B. Freight and shipping account.--
C. United States-Canadian tourist account.
D. United States Mexican tourist account.
E. United States tourist expenditures in oversea countries
F. The United States tourist “credit" account..
G. Immigrant remittances---
H. International cash transactions of the United States Government,
1932 and 1933.
I. The German standstill credits
J. Notes on international security movements in 1933.
K. Transfer of service receipts on United States long-term investments in
L. The balance of international payments of the United States, 1919–33.
LIST OF TABLES
The balance of International Payments of the United States, 1932
IN THE TEXT
1. Merchandise exports to, imports from, and balance of trade by
2. Balance of trade by continents and great trade regions
3. United States foreign-trade freight earnings by United States and by
foreign vessels, calendar year, 1933.
4. United States international tourist account, 1932-33-
5. Changes in the international tourist account of the United States,
6. United States tourist expenditures in foreign countries, 1927–33 (by
7. United States tourist expenditures in Canada, 1928–33, by classes -
8. Canadian tourist expenditures in the United States, 1928-33, by
9. United States-Canadian tourist expenditure balance, 1928-33.-
10. Remittances to foreign countries by alien and other residents of the
United States, 1927-33.
11. Income and debt service receipts in 1933 of the United States from
its long-term foreign investments and loans and par value of bonds
12. United States Government receipts in 1933 on war-debt account..
13. Statement relative to indebtedness of foreign governments to the
United States as of January 4, 1934..
14. Shipments and receipts of United States paper currency to and from
foreign countries, 1933--
15. United States internatioual banking accounts, 1931-33.
16. Summary of international long-term capital transactions in 1933
17. Foreign capital issues publicly offered in the United States during the
calendar year, 1933----
18. Changes in foreign holdings of common shares of American corpora-
19. Changes in geographic distribution of foreign-owned common shares
of American corporations---
20. American investments in foreign countries, by areas and types, as of
December 31, 1933---
21. American investments in Europe, by countries, as of December 31,
22. American investments in Latin America, by countries, as of December
23. American investments in Asia, Africa, and Oceania, by countries, as
of December 31, 1933--
24. American investments in foreign securities, by areas and classes, as of
December 31, 1933--
25. Defaults on interest payments on outstanding “American Share" of
foreign dollar bonds..