« AnteriorContinuar »
I. NATURE OF THE RIGAT ACQUIRED.
103. Application of the common law.
104. Summary of statutory legislation-California.
RIPARIAN RIGHTS ON PRIVATE STREAMS.
I. NATURE AND EXTENT OF THESE RIGHTS.
122. Ambiguity of California statutes on water rights.
123. Review of the authorities.
124. Common-law doctrine of riparian rights obtains in California.
125. Construction of section 1422.
126. Riparian rights excepted.
127. Interpretation of section 1422-Lux v. Haggin.
128. Mexican law-Effect on riparian rights.
129. Riparian rights in Kern district.
130. Common law of England.
131. Who are riparian owners.
132. Prescriptive water rights.
133. Loss of riparian rights by adverse user and estoppel.
II. USES TO WHICH THE WATER MAY BE PUT.
134. General statement of riparian rights-Van Sickle v. Haines.
135. Modifications on doctrine of Van Sickle v. Haines.
136. Legitimate riparian uses.
137. California decisions.
$ 160. Need of statutory regulation.
161. Irrigation-Common-law rules inadequate.
162. Contents of proposed statute.
163. Essential nature of projected law.
164. System of ucequias impracticable.
165. Colorado system criticised.
166. Legislation must respect natural laws and natural rights.
167. Natural rights and advantages of riparian owners.
178. Statute of Oregon.
179. Statute of California.
180. Statute of Wasbington.
181. Statutes in Wyoming.
182. Statutes in Colorado.
183. Statutes in North Dakota and Montana
184. Statute of Nebraska.
185. Statute of Texas.
186. Statute of New Mexico.
187. Statute of South Dakota.
188. Act of congress granting right of way.
II. CONSTRUCTION AND APPLICATION OF TAEBE STATUTES.
189. Acquisition of water rights.
190. Right to use ditch constructed by another.
191. Bridging highways and crossings.
192. Tolls and charges for water.
193. Contracts with consumers.
194. Duty of company to furnish water.
195. Compelling company to deliver water.
196. Rights of stockholders.
197. Duty to keep ditch in repair; liability for injuries.
198. Liability for failure of water-supply.