« AnteriorContinuar »
When rates are not shown in the above table for the exact distance, the rates given for the next greater distance should be used. In all cases, distances are to be computed from localities where freight is first received, notwithstanding it may pass from one railroad to another.
NOT APPLICABLE TO THROUGH FREIGHTS.
Nothing contained in this notice is intended in any manner to abridge or control the the rates for freights charged by any railroad or company in the State, "for carrying freight which comes from beyond the boundaries of the State, and to be carried across or through the State."
DEAR SIR:-In January last we forwarded to your address the printed form of a Report which the members of this Board, and of similar Boards of Commissioners in Minnesota and Illinois, adopted for the purpose of obtaining information by them from each Railroad Corporation, doing business in the several States by them represented.
The report first requested by the undersigned is for the year ending June 30, 1875, and should be received at this office during the
month of August, so that the Commissioners may arrange the statistics for their second annual report.
It is hoped, therefore, that you will give prompt attention to this matter and see that the returns from your company are in our hands as early as possible.
We forward herewith a duplicate copy of the blank form above referred to, requesting an acknowledgement thereof when received.
JOHN W. HOYT,
By H. A. TENNEY,
Clerk of the Board.
JOS. H. OSBORN,
BLANK FORM FORWARDED BY THE COMMISSIONERS TO EACH CORPORATION OPERATING RAILROADS IN WISCONSIN.
3. Name and address of person to whom correspondence, concerning this report, should be
1. Capital stock authorized by charter...........
COMMON STOCK ISSUED.
2. Stock subscribed by municipalities paid in bonds...
3. Stock subscribed by individuals and other corporations paid in cash.
4. Stock issued for account of construction
5. Stock issued for bonds of company cancelled
6. Stock issued for dividends payable in stock.
7. Stock issued for payment of floating-debt......
Stock issued for interest on bonded debt.
9. Stock issued for construction-account on extension-lines..
10. Stock issued to represent purchased lines...
11. Other common stock issued--and for what?
17. A list of the stockholders at the last election of directors, showing the name, residence and amount of stock owned by each, must be filed herewith.
18. When and to whom was the original stock, owned by the company sold, and what was the cash value realized by the company for the same?
19. If any stock has been issued since the original, state the date or dates when the same was issued, to whom issued, in what manner the same was paid for, and the cash value realized by the company for the same.
FUNDED AND UNFUNDED DEBT.
1. Describe severally all outstanding classes of bonds, including amounts, dates of issue, interest, where and when payable.......
2. Amount of debt not secured by mortgage...
3. Total funded and unfunded debt.........
4. Net cash realized from bonded debt, above described.
5. Proportion of debt, bonded and floating, for Wisconsin...
*NOTE.-Unless some good reason exists to the contrary, this proportion-and all other estimates of the same character-should be for the miles of road in the State compared with the whole. If made on a different basis, please state the reasons therefor.
COST OF ROAD AND EQUIPMENT.
1. Cost of right-of-way..
2 Cost of real estate, exclusive of right-of-way
3. Cost of construction....
4. Cost of equipment...
5. All other items of expense for construction and equipment.
6. Amounts paid for road, or portions of road, not built by the com-
Total cost of entire line..........
Total. Wisconsin lines.
ORIGINAL COST AND PRESENT ESTIMATED VALUE OR TOTAL
PROPERTY IN THIS STATE.
DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY.
1. Right of way, as per accompanying schedule* Lands for depots, stations, etc., as per schedule..
Total cash valuation of all lands purchased
3. Grading as per schedule..
4, Masonry, as per schedule, [No. culverts,, No. bridges,—————,
5. Bridging, as per schedule, [No. iron bridges,
11. Passenger stations, fixtures, and furniture, as per schedule. [No. stations,
12. Freight stations and fixtures and furniture, as per schedule.
3. Engineering expenses before and during construction
Total original cost and present estimated cash value of line