« AnteriorContinuar »
14. On the Importance of Time to Man......
15. Speech of Richard Henry Lee in Congress, 5th of June,
1776, in favour of the Declaration of Independence......
16. Speech of Patrick Henry before the Virginia Convention of
17. Supposed Speech of John Adams in favour of the Declaration
19. Vindication of Spain, (pronounced during the Debate on the
Seminole War, in Congress, 1819)...
20. Close of an Oration on the Death of John Adams and
21. Great Effects result from little Causes..
✓ 24. Hymn of the Moravian Nuns at the Consecration of Pu-
50. Extract from a Speech of James Wilson, in the Convention
for the Province of Pennsylvania, in Vindication of the
71. Extract from a Speech of Robert G. Harper, on the Necessity
of resisting the Aggressions and Encroachments of France,
(delivered in the House of Representatives, May 29, 1797) 183\
75. Extract from a Speech of James A. Bayard, on the Judiciary
Act, (delivered in the House of Representatives of the
76. Extract from a Speech of John Randolph, in Committee of the
whole House of Representatives, on Mr. Gregg's Resolution
to prohibit the Importation of British Goods into the United
77. Second Extract from the same..
78. Dress and Armour of Sir Hudibras.
81. Description of the Minstrel.
84. Extract from a Speech of John Randolph, (delivered in the
'02. Close of the Speech of Daniel Webster on the Greek Ques-
tion, in the House of Representatives of the United States,
103. Mr. Poinsett's Speech on the same Question...
104. Conclusion of Mr. Clay's Speech on the same Question.... 259
105. Extract from a Speech of John Randolph on the same Ques-
106. Second Extract from the same Speech....
107. An Indian at the Burying-place of his Fathers.
108. The Treasures of the Deep..
25 Address of Daniel Webster to the Survivors of the Battle of
Bunker Hill, (delivered at the laying of the Corner-stone
126. The Patronage of Sovereigns..
127. The Mothers of the West...
132. Extract from Mr. M'Duffie's Speech on Corruption......
'51. Impressions derived from the Study of History....
152. Noble Burst of Judicial Eloquence.-Delivered in the cele-
brated Case of the King against John Wilkes......
153. Speech of Lord Chancellor Thurlow in the House of Lords,
56. National Recollections the Foundation of National Character 360
7.57. Exposure to the Horrors of Indian Outrage..
159. The Atheist and the Acorn..