« AnteriorContinuar »
A SERIES OF QUESTIONS
Four Gospels and the Arts of the Apostles ;
ALSO ON TERMS USED IN
THE BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER;
QUESTIONS ON THE MORE IMPORTANT DOCTRINAL ARTICLES
OF THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND
BY THE REV. W. CRABTREE, M. A.
RECTOR OF CHECKENDON, OXON.
WERTHEIM AND MACINTOSH,
24, PATERNOSTER Row.
to see the point aimed at, and consequently shall be able to give the answer easily, if it really knows it; and on the other hand, it shall not be led to the answer by the question being so put as to suggest it. It is recommended that each child have a certain number of the questions set separately, and when prepared with the answers, let it close its book, and repeat the answers as the teacher puts each question separately. It will hardly do to hear the children these questions in classes, at least, not in the first instance,
QUESTIONS ON THE NEW TESTAMENT.
1. Who was Matthew ?-He was originally a publican, but became one of the four evangelists. Matt. X. 3.
2. What other name had he ? - Levi. Luke v. 27.
3. What was a publican ?-A farmer of the taxes, as turnpike gates are farmed. This tempted to extortion, and got them a bad name.
4. Who was Mark, and what other name had he?-One of the evangelists, the son of Mary; he was named John also. Acts xii. 12.
5. Whose companion was Mark in preaching ? - The companion of Barnabas. Acts xv. 39.
6. Who was Paul's companion in his preaching? -Silas. Acts xv. 40, 41.
7. What was Luke by profession ?--A physician. Col. iv. 14.
8. Who was the evangelist John, and what was his trade ?- The son of Zebedee; he was a fisherman. Matt. iv. 21.
9. Where was Christ born ?-At Bethlehem. 10. What prophecy was thus fulfilled ?~That of Micah, v. 2.