« AnteriorContinuar »
Tbe World's Classics Pott 8vo, leather, gilt, 25. net; cloth, is. net. (All volumes, with the exception of Works of Fiction, can be obtained bound in buckram, paper label, gilt top, is. 6d. net each, and in parchment, gilt back, side, top, and silk marker, in case, 25. 6d. net each.) 1. Charlotte Brontë's Jane 25. Hazlitt's Winterslow.
Eyre. Second Impression. 26. Hawthorne's Scarlet 2. Lamb's Essays of Elia. Letter. Third Impression.
27. Macaulay's Lays of 3. Tennyson's Poems. 1830– Ancient Rome.
1858. Third Impression. 28. Thackeray's Henry 4. Goldsmith's Vicar of Esmond.
Wakefield. Second Im- 29. Scott's Ivanhoe.
30. Emerson's English Traits. 5. Hazlitt's Table Talk, žı. George Eliot's Mill on Second Impression.
the Floss. 6. Emerson's Essays. Third 32. Selected English Essays. Impression.
Chosen and Arranged by 7. Keats' Poems. Second W. PEACOCK. Impression.
33. Hume's Essays. 8. Dickens' Oliver Twist. 34. Burns' Poems. 9. The Ingoldsby Legends. 35. Gibbon's Roman Empire. Second Impression.
Vol. I. 10. Emily Brontë's Wuther-36. Pope's Odyssey of Homer. ing Heights.
37. Dryden's Virgil. 11. Darwin's Origin of 38. Dickens' Tale of Two Species. Second Impres Cities.
39. Longfellow's Poems. 12. Bunyan's Pilgrim's Pro Vol. I. gress.
40. Sterne's Tristram 13. English Songs and Bal- ** Shandy.
lads. Compiled by T. W. 41. Buckle's History of CiviliH. CroslAND. Second zation. Vol. I. Impression.
42. Chaucer's Works. Vol. I. 14. Charlotte Brontë's Shir
From the Text of Professor ley.
SKEAT. (By permission 15. Hazlitt's Sketches and | of the Oxford University Essays. Second Impres
43. Machiavelli's Prince. 16. Herrick's Poems.
Translated by Luigi Ricci. 17. Defoe's Robinson Crusoe. 44. Gibbon's Roman Empire. 18. Pope's Iliad of Homer.
Vol. II. 19. Carlyle's Sartor Re- ' 45. Selected English Prose. sartus.
Chosen and Arranged by 20. Swift's Gulliver's Travels. W. PEACOCK. 21. Poe's Tales of Mystery Tolstoy's Essays.
and Imagination. 47. Charlotte Brontë's Vil22. White's History of Sel lette. borne.
48. Buckle's History of Civi23. De Quincey's Opium lization. Vol. II. Eater.
49. Thomas à Kempis' of the 24. Bacon's Essays.
Imitation of Christ.