« AnteriorContinuar »
for they will deliver you up unto you, because they have not to the Councils, and they will known the Father, nor me.
4. But these Things have I told fcourge you in their Syna- you, that when the Time Thall
come, ye may remember that I told 18. And ye shall be brought laid unto you at the Beginning, be
you of them. And these Things I before Governours and Kings cause I was with you. for my fake, for a Teftimo
20. Verily, verily I say into you, ny against them and the Gen- e hall wear and LAMENT, buc
the World shall REJOICE : and ye tiles.
shall be forrowful, but your Sorrow 19. But when they deliver shall be turned into Joy. you up, take no Thought how or what ye shall speak, for it shall be given you in that same Hour what ye shall speak. 20. For it is not ye that speak, but the SPIRIT of
your Father which speaketh in you.
21. And the Brother shall deliver up the Brother to Death, and the Father the Child : and the Children shall rise up against their Parents, and cause them to be put to Death.
22. And ye shall be HATED of all Men for my Name's fake : but he that endureth to the END, shall be SAVED.
23. But when they perfecute you in this City, flee ye into another : for verily I say unto you, ye shall not have gone over the Cities of Israel till the Son of Man be come.
24. The Disciple is not above his Master, nor the Servant above his Lord.
25. It is enough for the Disciple that he be as his Mafter, and the Servant as his Lord : If they have called the Master of the House Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his Houshold?
26. Fear them not therefore : for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed ; and bid, that shall not be known.
27. What I tell you in Darkness, that speak you in Light: and what ye hear in the Ear, that preach ye upon the House-tops.
28. And FEAR not them which kill the Body, but are not able to KILL the Soul : but rather FEAR him which is able to destroy both Soul and Body in Hell.
29. Are not two Sparrows sold for a Farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the Ground without your Father.
34. But the very Hairs of your Head are all numbred.
31. FEAR ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many Sparrows.
32. Whosoever therefore shall CONPESSS me before Men, him will I CONFESš also before my Father which is in Heaven.
33. But whosoever shall deny me before Men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in Heaven.
34. Think not that I am come to send Peace on Earth : I came not to send Peace, but a Sword.
35. For I am come to set a Man at Variance against his Father, and the Daughter against her Mother, and the Daughter in Law against her Mother in Law.
36. And a Man's Foes shall be they of his own Houfhold.
37. He that love'rh Father or Mother more than me, is not worthy of me: and he that loveth Son or Daughter more than me, is not worthy of me.
38. And he that taketh not his Cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39. He (6) that findeth his (6) John XV, 18. If the World Life Mall lose it : and he Hate you, ye know that it NATED
me betore it hated you. that loseth his Life for my 19. If ye were of the World, the fake, Shall find it.
World would LOVE his own; but 46. He that receiveth you, but I have chosen you out of the
because ye are not of the World, receiveth me; and he that World, therefore the world hatech receiveth me, receiveth him you. that sent me.
20. Remember the Word that I
said unto you, The Servant is not 41. He that receiveth a greater than the Lord. If they have Prophet in the Name of a persecuted me, they will also perseProphet, Shall receive a Pro- cute you. If they have kept my phet's Reward; and he that Saying, they will keep yours also.
21. But all these Things will receiveth a righteous Man, in they do unto you for my Name's the Name of a righteous fake, because they know not him
that sent me.
42. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little Ones a Cup of cold Water only, in the Name of a Disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his Reward.
Mark vi. 7. And he calleth unto him the TWELVE, and began to send them forth by two and two, and gave them POWER over unclean SPIRITS; 8. And commanded them that they should take nothing
for their-Journey, fave a Staff only : no Scrip, no Bread no Money in their Purse :
9. But be shod with Sandals: and not put on two Coats.
10. And he said unto them, In what Place soever ye enter into an House, there abide till ye depart from that Place. 11.And (c) whosoever shall
(c) Heb.ii. 1. Therefore we ought not receive you, nor NEAR
to give the more earnest heed to when depart thence, left at any time we should let them
the Things which we have heard, ye shake off the Duft under your dip. Feet for a Testimony against
2. For if the Word spoken by them. Verily I say unto you, grelion and Disobedience received
Angels was stedfast, and every Trantit shall be more tolerable for å jult Recompence of Reward ;
a Sodom and Gomorrab in the
3. How shall we escape if we nego Day of Judgment, than for leat fo great Salvation, which åt
the first began to be spoken by the that City.
Lord, and was confirmed unto us 12. And they went out, and by them that heard him; preached that Men should 4. God also bearing them wito
nels, both with Signs and Won
ders, and with divers Miracles, and 13. And they cast out ma- Gifts of the Holy Ghost, accord. ny Devils, and anointed ing to his own Will ? with Oil many that were fick, and healed them.
Luke x. I. After thefe Things, the Lord appointed other SEVENTY also, and sent them two and two before his Face into every City, and Place, whither he himself would come.
2. Therefore faid he unto them, The Harvest truly is great, but the Labourers are few : pray ye therefore the Lord of the Harvest, that he would send forth Labourers into his Harvest.
3. Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as LAMBS among WOLVES.
4. Carry neither Purse, nor Scrip, nor Shoes : and falute no Man by the Way.
5. And into whatsoever House ye enter, first say, Peace be to this House.
6. And if the Son of Peace be there, your Peace shall reft upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
7. And in the fame House remain, eating and drinking fuch Things as they give ; for the Labourer is worthy of bis Hire. Go not from House to House,
8. And into whatsoever City ye enter, and they receive you, eat such Things as are set before you.
9. And heal the Sick that are therein, and say unto them, The KINGDOM of God 'is come nigh unto you. Ihamed of the Gossel of Clorist :
(d) Rom. i. 16. For 'I am not a. 12. But (d) I say unto for it is the Power of God unto you, that it shall be more SALVATION, to every one that betolerable in that Day for So- lieveth, to the Jew firit, and also to
the Greck. dom, than for that City.
17. For therein is the Righteous13. Wo unto thee Chora- ness of God revealed from FAITH zin, wo unto thee Bethsai- to Faith: as it is written, The da : for if the mighty Works Just shall live by FAITH.
18. For the Wrath of God is rehad been done in Tyre and vealed from Heaven against all
Un. Sidon, which have been done godliness and Unrighteousness of in you, they had a great righteousness.
Men ; who hold the Truth in Unwhile ago repented, fitting in Sackcloth and Ashes.
14. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the Judgment, than for you.
15. And thou Capernaum, which art exalted to Heaven, shalt be thruft down to Hell.
16. He that heareth you, heareth me: and he that deSpiseth you, despiseth me : and he that despiseth me, despiseth him thai fent me.
17. And the Seventy returned again with Joy, saying, Lord, even the Devils are subject unto us through thy N AME. .
18. And he said unto them, * I beheld Satan as Lightning, FALL from Heaven.
19. Behold, I give unto you POWER to tread on SERPENTS and SCORPIONS, and over all the Power of the EnEMY ; and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20. Notwithstanding in this REJOICE not, that the SPIRITS are subject unto you: but rather Rejoice, because your
Names are written in HEAVEN. 21. In that Hour Fefus rejoiced in Spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth, that
thou hast hid these Things from the Wise and PRUDENT, ' and hast revealed them unto Babes : even fo, Father, for so it seemed good in thy Sight.
22. All + Things are delivered to me of my Father : and no Man KNOWETH who the Son is, but the Father ; and
who 'Sec Rev. XX. I.
# Sec John xvii. 2, 3.
who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will REVEAL him.
23. And he turned him unto his Disciples, and said privarely, Blessed are the Eyes which see the Things that ye
see. 24. For I tell you, that many PROPHETS and KINGS have defired to see those Things which ye see, and have not seen them ; and to hear those Things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
The Preaching of the Gospel in Galilee
by our SAVIOUR.
Mark i. 14.
Luke iv. 14, to 30. OW , [MON (L.) Jefus returned in the Power of the SpiRIT, and (Mr.] came into Galilee, preaching the Gospel of the KINGDOM of God: (L.) And there went out a Fame of him through all that Region round about. And he taught in their Synagogues, being GLORIFIED of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up; and as bis Custom was, he went into the Synagogue on the Sabbath Day, and stood up for to read : and there was delivered unto him the Book of the Prophet Esaias; and when he had opened the Book, he found the Place where it was written, The SPIRIT of the LORD is upon (a) Psalm xl. 17. But I am POOR me, because he hath An- and needy, yet the Lord thinketh OINTED me to ÞR EACH the upon me: thou art my Helper and
my Deliverer, make no carrying, O GOSPEL to the (a) Poor, he my God.
Ifai. xiv. 32. What shall one then answer the Messengers of the Nation ? That the Lord hath founded Zion, and the Poor of his people shall trust in it.
Chap. xxv. 4. For thou hast been a STRENGTH to the Poor, a Strength to the Needy in his Distress.
Chap. Ixvi. 2. To this Man will I look, even to him that is Poor, and of a CONTRITE SPIRIT, and trembleth at my Word.
Zeph. ii. 12. I will also leave in the midst of thee an AFFLICTED and POOR People, and they shall TRUST in thc Name of the Lord.
Matt. xi. ș. The Blind receive their Sight, and the Lame walk, the Lepers are cleansed, the Dead are raised up; and the Poor have the Gospel preached unto them.
James ii. s. Hearken, my beloved Brethren, Hath not God chosen the Poor of this World, RICH in Faith, and HEIRS of the KINGDOM which he hath promised to them that love him ?