« AnteriorContinuar »
Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1854, by
CROSBY, NICHOLS, AND COMPANY,
in the Clerk's office of the District Court of the District of Massachusetts.
The Moral Significance of the Crystal Palace: A Ser-
mon, preached first to his own Congregation, and repeated
in the Church of the Messiah, on Sunday Evening, Octo-
ber 30, 1853. By REV. H. W. BELLOWS.
5. Chapel of the Hermit, and other Poems.
III. EARLY RECORDS OF MASSACHUSETTS.
1. Records of the Governor and Company of the Mas-
sachusetts Bay in New England. Edited by NATHANIEL
2. Archæologia Americana. Transactions and Collec-
tions of the American Antiquarian Society. Vol. III.
1. Reports of the Trustees, Steward, and Superintendent
of the Insane Hospital. [Maine.] Etc., etc.
1. The Works of JOSEPH ADDISON. Edited, with Crit-
ical and Explanatory Notes, by GEORGE WASHINGTON
2. The Spectator; a New Edition, carefully revised,
with Prefaces Historical and Biographical, by ALEXAN-
DER CHALMERS, A.M.
1. Cuba and the Cubans. Comprising a History of the
Island of Cuba, its present Social, Political, and Domestic
Condition; also its Relation to England and the United
2. Letter of Mr. Everett to the Comte de Sartiges.
VII. THE USE AND MISUSE OF WORDS
Thesaurus of English Words, so classified and arranged
as to facilitate the Expression of Ideas and assist in Lit-
erary Composition. By PETER MARK ROGET. Revised
and edited, with a List of Foreign Words, defined in Eng-
lish, and other Additions. By BARNAS SEARS, D.D.
1. Voyage en Chine et dans les Mers et Archipels de
cet Empire pendant les Années 1847, 1848, 1849, 1850.
2. History of the Insurrection in China; with Notices
of the Christianity, Creed, and Proclamations of the Insur-
gents. By MM. CALLERY and YVAN. Translated from
IX. MARTINEAU'S TRANSLATION OF COMTE'S PHILOSOPHY. 200
The Positive Philosophy of AUGUSTE COMTE, freely
Annual of Scientific Discovery: or, Year-Book of Facts
in Science and Art, for 1854. Edited by DAVID A.
Memoir of ROBERT WHEATON, with Selections from his