« AnteriorContinuar »
4, LONDON HOUSE YARD, ST. PAUL'S, E.C.
current Acojunts, must bə sont to the
Rev. 0. D. WARD, D.D., 54, Bramber Road, Falham, London, S.W. Post Office Orders to be drawn on the Ludgate Oirous Office, London, B.V.
REMITTANCES ARE RESPEVTFULLY REQUESTED. 1. Orders for next month's parcels must be posted before the 20th of this month. 2. Contributions for Magazines must reach the Editor by the 14th at latest.
3. All orders for Book-room Goods, or Advertisements for Cover of Magazine, or inquiries as to terms for same, must be sent to Geo. BURROUGHS, 4, London House Yard, London, E.C.; and Post-Office Orders for special parcels be made payable to him at Ludgate-Circus Post-office.
4. Illustrated Catalogue of Books suitable for Libraries, Rewards, and Presents, have been sent for the Officials of each Sunday-school. The Books can be had, for cash with order, at 25 per cent discount.
5. The New CHANT Book is being prepared as rapidly as possible. We quite expect it to be ready for March parcels. Particulars next month.
6. PROSPECTUSES, &c., for this year's Magazines have been sent to the Circuits. The Cards are to be given to the Heads of Families, or may be placed in chapol powe. We hope public announcements and appeals will also be made. Let all do their best.
7. Frightful distress exists on Tyneside, through failure of the shipbuilding business. Many of our own worthy people are in direst need, with dark prospects for the winter. Will not kind friends in the Connexion help? The Rev. W. J. TOWNSEND, 20, Oxford-street, Newcastle-on-Tyne, would gladly receive donations, and see them worthily applied.-EDITOR.
8. BETHEL BUILDING FUND, WEST KENSINGTON.-The Treasurer is asked to acknowledge the donation of £10 from a Lady, per Rev. J. Flather, and £3 38. from Mr. Wood, of Hanley, per Dr. Cooke. Many thanks. LARGE TWO-MANUAL ORGAN for Sale
GREAT ORGAN, 10 stops ; swell, 7 stops ; pedal, one. Compass C O to F, pedal CCC to E.
Particulars on application to J. C. STOREY, 8, Regent's-terrace, Hull. LOCAL PREACHER'S TREASURY. (4d. Monthly.)
to roady, price -68. January No. will contain an article on LOCAL PREACHERS AND THEIR PREACHING, by Rev. 'w. Arthur, M.A.; and a Sermon on RELIGION BETTER THAN LIFE, by the Rov. C. Garrett, and a Portrait of S. D. Waddy, Esq., M.P. Order early of your Minister.
BRUNSWICK CHAPEL AND SUNDAY-SCHOOL,
GREAT DOVER-STREET, LONDON, S.E. THE JUBILEE SERVICES of the above-named Chapel and Sunday-school to arrange for SPECIAL SERVICES in connection with the Jubilee. There are foating debts in connection with the place amounting to nearly $100 (which includes an amount lately spent on the renovation of the Organ), in consequence of which a Jubilee Fund has been opened, and it is desired during these Services, and by the aid of this Fund, to clear off the whole of the debt and start the new half-century with recruited funds. Contributions towards this object will be thankfully received by any of the friends, or may be sent direct to either the Treasurer or Secretary. W. CORNER, Treasurer,
1, Epper Grange-road, S.E. | 4. 840, Usborg-roads come maint-road, S.E. THE HOMILETIC MAGAZINE (Price 1s.) Is the Favourite Periodical of Ministers and Lay Preachers, for Theological Articles, Practical Homiletics, Outlines, Suggestivo Expositions. "Obscure Characters of the Bible," "Types of Preachers." "HANDFULS FROM HARVEST FIELDS:" Illustrations of Biblical Truth. “ How to Preach," &c. The Symposium on “Immortality" will be followed by another on, “Is Salvation Possible after Death $" -London: JAMES NISBET & Co., 21, Berners-street, W.
STANDARD WORKS FOR METHODISTS. THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE REV. JOHN WESLEY, M.A. By
the Rev. L. TYERMAN, Author of the “Life of the Rev. George Whitefield," &c. With Portraits.
Fifth and Cheaper Edition. Three Vols., price 78. 6d. each. THE LIFE OF THE REV. GEORGE WHITEFIELD, M.A. By the same
Autbor. Two Vols., 8vo., with Engraved Portraits, 248. WESLEY'S DESIGNATED SUCCESSOR. The Life, Letters, and Literary
Laboars of Fletcher of Madeley. By L. TYERMAN. With Portrait, 128. "This is decidedly the best of Mr. Tyerman's works. We heartily thank Mr. Tyerman for the painstaking fidelity with which he has executed this valuable work."-Wesleyan Methodist Magazine. ANECDOTES OF THE WESLEYS. Illustrative of their Character and
Personal History. By the Rev. J.B. WAXELEY. Eighteenth Thousand. 38. 6d. * A capital volume. A standard collection of Wesleyana." --Sword and
Trowel. ANECDOTES OF GEORGE WHITEFIELD. With a Biographical Sketch.
By the same Anthor. Thirteenth Thousand. 88. 6d.
THE THEOLOGICAL LIBRARY. A Series of Volumes on tho Religious Questions of the Day by loading Writers,
and adapted for General Readers. Price 38. 60, each Volume. IS GOD KNOWABLE P By J. IVERACH, M.A. 38. 6d.
"X. Iverzch's volume is singularly able."--British Quarterly Revies. IS DOGMA A NECESSITYP By the Rev. Canon MEYBICK, M.A., Examining
Chaplain to the Lord Bishop of Lincoln. 38. 6d. LIFE: IS IT WORTH LIVING? By J. MARSHALL LANG, D.D. 38. 6d. ARE MIRACLES CREDIBLE? By J. J. Lias, M.A., Author of “ Commen
taries on Joshua and Judges.” 38. 6d. DOES SCIENCE AID FAITH IN REGARD TO CREATION P By the
Rigt: Rev. HENRY COTTERILL, D.D., F.R.S.E., Bishop of Edinburgh. 38. 60. HOW IS THE DIVINITY OF CHRIST DEPICTED IN THE GOSPELS
AND EPISTLES ? By THOMAS WHITELAW, M.A., D.D., Author of "Pulpit Commentary on
Genesis,” &c. 38. 6d. | DOES GOD ANSWER PRAYER ? By R. M‘CHEYNE EDGAR, M.A. 38. 6d.
DR. JAMES MORISON'S COMMENTARIES. A PRACTIAL COMMENTARY ON ST. MATTHEW. New and Revised
Edition. Svo., 146. A PRACTICAL COMMENTARY ON ST. MARK. Third Edition, Revised.
EVO., 125. "Dr. Morison's Commentaries on St. Matthew and St. Mark are simply invaluable. His style is so racy, so graphic, so idiomatic, that one reads him not only with no sense of leboar, but with constant surprise and delight.-Rev. Samuel Cox, D.D.
DR. R. W. DALE'S EXPOSITIONS. THE EPISTLE TO THE EPHESIANS: Its Doctrines and Ethics.
Crowa 8vo., 7s. bu. THE JEWISE TEMPLE AND THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH. A Series of Discourses on the Epistle to the Hebrews. Sixth Edition. 68.
PROFESSOR AGAR BEET'S COMMENTARIES. A COMMENTARY ON THE EPISTLE TO THE ROMANS. Fourth
Edition. 78. 6d. A COMMENTARY ON THE EPISTLES TO THE CORINTHIANS.
Second Edition. 108. 6d. ** Mr. Beet has at once taken up & foremost place among expositors. He is to the manner born. e are rejoiced to declare that, wherever we have picked upon a selected passage, we have found o sathor full, painstaking, and suggestive."-Rev. C. H. Spurgeon. London: HODDER & STOUGHTON, 27, Paternoster Row.
AND CLASS LEADERS,
Who have not yet chosan a Motto Card for 1885, should write for specimens and prices to W. F. Mack, Trade Manager, The Book Society, 28, Paternoster Row, London, E.C.
Any Text chosen, with the name of the Chapel, &c., can be printed on a
78. 6d. per 100.
If too late for this season, please note the address for next year.
For distribution to Sunday School Children, &c.
In a GOLD FRAME, size 13 in. by 61 in.
Send Stamp and Address for a Sample.
SCROLL TEXTS FOR WALL DECORATION
411 x 10 inches. Lithographed in 6 Colours, and especially suitable for Sunday Schools,
Mission Halls, and Class Rooms.
ONE SHILLING EACH, 1. God is our Refuge.
7. A Merry Christmas. 2. Rejoice in the Lord.
8. A Happy New Year. 3. Pray without Ceasing.
9. A Hearty Welcome to All, 4. Do Good unto Al
10. God Bless our Home. 5. Love One Another.
11. Glory to God in the Highest. 6. Teach Me to do Thy Will.
12. Behold the Lamb of God.
RE-ISSUE OF THE PENNY EDITION
BUNYAN'S PILGRIM'S PROGRES
In double columns, 144 pages (unabridge]).
rates, subject to a reduction in price for large quantities.
LONDON: THE_RELIGIOUS BOOK SOCIETY, 28, PATERNOSTER RO