The Intellectual Devotional: Biographies: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your Education, and Acquaint Yourself with the World's Greatest Personalities
The fifth installment of the bestselling Intellectual Devotional series features 365 captivating entries about the most celebrated personalities in history.
Like its compulsively readable predecessors, The Intellectual Devotional Biographies is organized into seven categories, one for each day of the week. With their trademark wit and style, authors David Kidder and Noah Oppenheim offer an array of fascinating facts about major figures from Atilla the Hun to Desmond Tutu.
In this daily devotional, you will learn about:
• authors and artists, from Homer and Ovid to Oscar Wilde and Virginia Woolf
• leaders, such as Queen Elizabeth I, Abraham Lincoln, Susan B. Anthony, and Napoleon Bonaparte
• innovators, from Johannes Gutenberg to Isaac Newton to Werner Heisenberg
• philosophers, including Socrates, Epicurus, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Jean-Paul Sartre
• rebels and reformers, from Joan of Arc and Spartacus to Galileo and Che Guevara
• preachers and prophets, including Lao-tzu, John the Baptist, Martin Luther, and Gandhi
• villains, such as Benedict Arnold, Genghis Khan, Ivan the Terrible, and Jack the Ripper
This volume shares the personal histories, accomplishments, and troubles of 365 people who have left an indelible mark on the world.
Comentarios de la gente - Escribir un comentario
No encontramos ningún comentario en los lugares habituales.
Otras ediciones - Ver todas
The Intellectual Devotional Biographies: Revive Your Mind, Complete Your ...
David S. Kidder,Noah D. Oppenheim
Vista previa limitada - 2010
According ADDITIONAL FACTS American ancient Aristotle army arrested assassination Athens Battle became began believed best known born British Caesar Cai Lun century Cheng I Sao China Christian church city’s civil colony Communist critics death decades defeated died at age elected emperor England English English civil war Europe eventually executed exile FACTS H famous father forced France French German Greek Ibn al-Nafis influential inspired invented Islamic island Italy Jewish John killed king king’s later leader lifetime lived London major married mathematician military monarch moved movie murder named Native Americans Nazi Nobel novel ofhis ofthe Paris philosopher poems political president prison published reforms religion religious returned Revolution role Roman Catholic Roman Catholic Church Roman Empire Rome rule Shen Kuo Spain Spanish spent tion United University victory Western William World War II writing wrote York Zhang Heng