« AnteriorContinuar »
Genesis, ch. 1-11.
1. The end and object of revelation.
GENESIS, ch. 11–24.
ments of God.
21. 8. Abraham sendeth
Ha- 40. The covenant of works must
give way to that of grace.
21. 22. Abraham and Abimelech 41. How much we stand in need of
make a covenant at Beer-sheba. reproofs from God.
22. 1. Abraham offereth Isaac on 42. That we must be ready to make
any sacrifice to God.
22. 11. Isaac is spared, Abraham 43. The harmony of faith, and
blessed, Rebekah born.
works, fear, and love.
23. 1. Sarah dieth, Abraham pur- 44. How we ought to act in buying
chaseth a burying place.
24. 1. Abraham sendeth his ser- 45. The right ground of choice in
vant to take a wife unto Isaac. wife or servant.
24. 15. Abraham's servant meeteth 46. Prayer and thanksgiving uni-
Genesis, ch. 24–33.
Laban ; he increaseth exceed- poor, and makes rich.
31. 1. Jacob and his wives resolve 63. How marriage ought to unite
to depart from Laban.
family to family.
31. 17. Jacob is overtaken by La- 64. The whole heart due to God.
31. 36. Jacob chideth with Laban. 65. Some particulars in the Gospel
They make a covenant.
32. 1. Jacob seeth angels; prayeth; 66. The duty and influence of
and sendeth to Esau.
32. 21. Jacob wrestling at Peniel, is 67. God strives with us by his
Spirit, we with Him by prayer.
33. 1. Jacob and Esau meet and 68. The blessedness of brotherly
Genesis, ch. 34–46.
good end by deceitfulness.
44. 18. Judah pleadeth for his bre- 90. How much we owe to our
45. 1. Joseph maketh himself 91. The happiness of purposing
known unto his brethren.
to fulfil the will of God.
45. 16. The children of Israel re- 92. The ample provision for our
turn to fetch their father.
journey to heaven.
46. 1. Israel goeth down to Egypt 93. That we must bring infants
with his family.
into covenant with God.
Genesis, ch. 46–50.
thren and father to Pharaoh. age is joy for evermore.
tians; sweareth unto his father. selves and all we have to God.
by approaching death.
should befall their descendants. the Lord.
ings, and giveth up the ghost. for individuals.
for their relatives.
thren; dieth, and is embalmed. faithfulness.
3. 1. God appeareth to Moses in 107. We ought to live under the
conviction of God's presence.
at home no objection to foreign
6. 13. The charge given to Moses 114. The manifestations of private