« AnteriorContinuar »
15. Visit this vine which thy right hand
Hath set, and planted long,
Thou hast made firm and strong.
16. But now it is consum'd with fire,
And cut with ažeš dowh 1582 They perish at thy dreadful ire, 12) At thy rebukể and frown.
i 17. Upon the man of thy right hand
Let thy good hand be laid; Upon the son of man, whom thou
Strong for thyself hast made.
18. So shall we not go back from thee
To ways of sin and shame ; Quicken us thou; then gladly we
Shall call upon thy Name.
19. Return us, and thy grace divine,
Lord God of Hosts, vouchsafe.; Cause thou thy face on us to shine,
And then we shall be safe. i
1. To God our strength sing loud, and clear,
Sing loud to God our King;
Loud acclamations ring.
2. Prepare a hymn, prepare a song,
The timbrel hither bring; .
And harp with pleasant string.
3. Blow, as is wont, in the new moon
With trumpets' lofty sound,
Our solemn feast comes round.
4. This was a statute given of old
For Israel to observe ;
From whence they might not swerve.
5. This he a testimony ordain'd
In Joseph, not to change,
When as he pass'd through Egypt land;
The tongue I heard was strange.'.
6. From burden, and from slavish toil,
1 set his shoulder free: His hands from pots, and miry soil,
Deliver'd were by me.
7. When trouble did thee sore assail,
On me then didst thou call;
And led thee out of thrall.
With clouds encompass'd round;
Of Meriba renown'd......
8. Hear, O my People, hearken well; "HOT
I testify to thee, Thou ancient stock of Israel,., I!! T I !
If thou wilt list to me: 'n Land van sy
9. Throughout the land of thy abode' } , , ,
No alien God shall be,
In honour bend thy knee. . v us 11.
10. I am the Lord thy God which brought
Thee out of Egypt land; ;',.' Ask large enough, and I, besought,
Will grant thy full demand.
11. And yet my people would not hear, .
Nor hearken to my voice;
Mislik'd me for his choice.
12. Then did I leave them to their will,
And to their wandering mind;
Their own devices blind.
13. O, that my people would be wise, ili
To serve me all their days ! And O, that Israel would advise
To walk my righteous ways!
14. Then would I soon bring down their foes,
That now so proudly rise;
That are their enemies. ,
15. Who hate the Lord should then be fain
To bow to him and bend;'. ,,!!!